A carpet-wetter is what we call the carpet cleaners that you can rent at the grocery store. We do not recommend renting a carpet-wetter. Call us instead.
Your carpets are dirty, and you are at an impasse. Do you run down to your local grocery store to rent a carpet cleaner for the day or do you call the professional carpet cleaner, ServiceMaster?
What is the better solution? Hopefully, this will help you out.
SERVICE MASTER CARPET CLEANING:
ServiceMaster has been perfecting carpet cleaning for over 50 years. Here are some of the perks to utilizing us for your carpet cleaning needs:
- Equipment – Our truck-mounted systems are set up to steam your carpets at roughly 180 degrees. We then suck the dirt and grime right out of your carpet and out of your house right back to our truck leaving your carpets 90% dry when we are complete.
- Spots – Some spots go deeper than the surface and even for a high-powered truck-mounted suction, these spots will sometimes come back. However, with our satisfaction guarantee, we will come back and re-clean any pesky stubborn spots that might return at no charge to you.
- Time – Depending on the size of a job, the average time to clean your carpets will take roughly 1½ hours start to finish. Your time is valuable!
- Cleaning technique – Our carpet cleaners have the experience, training, and the tools necessary to get the job done right. Plus, we have different pre-treating solutions to treat everything from everyday dirt, red wine stains, or pet urine, and can pretreat everything in-between.
Grocery Store Carpet Cleaner-aka-THE CARPET-WETTER:
The local grocer cleaner will do an okay job, but it is no match for ServiceMaster’s Steam Carpet Cleaner. Here is why:
- Steam – The little carpet cleaning machines are not capable of producing the necessary steam breaking down most household spots and are essentially just wetting your carpet. This is why we call the machines carpet-wetters.
- Suction – A little carpet cleaner will suck up some of the residue and water on the surface, but it will leave your carpets and pads extremely wet.
- Too much detergent – You might think you are helping the situation, but if you use too much carpet soap from the grocery store, you will ultimately make your carpets dirtier because the residue from the carpet shampoo from the grocery store attracts more dirt in the end. Your carpets may even feel sticky for weeks after you have cleaned them. It is important for your carpets to completely dry out.
- Maintenance – Since you are using a community cleaner, you cannot expect it to be running like it just came out of the box and that everyone before you used it as recommended.
- Time – Your time is valuable, right? Think of the steps:
-1- Go down to the grocery store
-2- Sign a contract more intensive than closing on a home purchase
-3- Granted the release of the rental and load it into your vehicle
-4- Run home to maximize your rental time
-5- Move furniture
-6- Mix the solution, clean your carpets, dump the dirty water
-7- Rinse and Repeat until you get the results you are looking for
-8- Rinse the carpet a final time trying to collect all detergent and leave just wet carpet
-9- Wrap everything back up and head back to the grocery store?
How long do you think that will take? Couple hours? Half-day? Whole day? Remember, your time is valuable.
It is your choice and it could be as easy as one step:
-1- Call ServiceMaster to clean your carpets the correct way!
If you want your carpets cleaned the right way, please contact ServiceMaster. Renting a carpet cleaner from your grocery store makes as much sense as buying your groceries from us.
**Just kidding we do not sell grocery items, so why would you get your carpets cleaned from your local grocery store?
ServiceMaster of Minneapolis proudly serves the Twin Cities Area. We not only specialize in carpet cleaning, but we also provide services in water damage, fire damage, smoke damage, mold removal, trauma cleanup, vandalism cleanup, window cleaning, and air duct cleaning.
This blog is an updated blog from https://www.servicemasterclr.com/having-your-carpets-professionally-cleaned-by-servicemaster-vs-the-local-grocery-store-rentable-carpet-cleaner-a-k-a-the-carpet-wetter/